What Should Be In Your Covid-19 Go Bag?
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this article might be affiliate links.
If you are planning to return to college classes this fall, you should pack a “Covid-19 Go Bag.” Whether you are living on- or off-campus, this “Go bag” could be very important if either you or your roommate become ill and need to isolate during the semester.
Pack the bag before returning to your dorm (or apartment). Place the bag in a location that would be easy to describe if you need to send someone to pick up the bag and bring it to you.
Things to add to the “Covid-19 Go Bag.”
- Copy of your ID and insurance cards
- A full list of medication and the doctors who prescribe them. (Keep your prescriptions in an easy location so that they can be picked up and added as well.)
- A list of all-important medical information including diagnoses and allergies
- Name and contact for your emergency contacts
- Vet information if you have a pet. (Be sure that you have a plan to care for your animals if you need to be separated).
- Cold medicine, Tylenol, cough drops, Vicks Vapor Rub, etc.
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hairbrush, razor, shaving cream, lotion, feminine hygiene supplies, nail trimmers, shaver)
- At least 72 hours of clothes including PJs, lounge wear, sweats, T-shirts, and under garments, and socks
- Extra shoes including tennis shoes and flip flops
- Fuzzy shocks or house shoes
- Light blanket
- Thermometer (Oxygen saturation meter if you have one)
- Kleenex or other brand facial tissues
- Hand sanitizer
- At least 2 empty water bottles
- Shelf-stable snacks and drink mix
- Extra chargers for your phone and any other important electronic devices
- Activity supplies (coloring supplies, deck of cards, an unread novel)
- Keep your school materials neatly stacked so that they can be easily grabbed as well
Looking for a college packing list for the 2020-2021 school year? See our story on packing lists.
If you are looking for more college tips, visit us at our home page here.